|झालावाड़ की प्रमुख तस्वीरे||झालावाड़ का प्रशासकीय संघठन||झालावाड़ का मानचित्र
|झालावाड़ के पर्यटन स्थल||झालावाड़ की सांख्यिकीय रूपरेखा||झालावाड़ के महत्वपूर्ण नम्बर
Jhalawar district is one of the 33 districts of Rajasthan state in western India. The district is bounded on the northwest by Kota district, on the northeast by Baran district, on the east by Guna district of Madhya Pradesh state, on the south by Rajgarh and Shajapur districts of Madhya Pradesh state and on the west by Ratlam, Mandsaur and Nimach districts of Madhya Pradesh state. The district occupies an area of 6928 km². The district is part of Kota division. The historical city of Jhalawar is the administrative headquarters of the district.The Princely State of Jhalawar was created in 1838 A. D. after being s eparated from Kota by the British. It got its name derived from Jhalas, the Jhala clan of Rajputs, also the rulers of Jhalawar.Lying in the south-eastern region of Rajasthan at the edge of the Malwa plateau, Jhalawar has rocky, but water-laden verdant landscape, unlike much of the Rajasthan. With some exquisite pre-historic cave paintings, massive forts, thickly-wooded forests and exotic wildlife variety, Jhalawar boasts of rich historic as well as natural wealth.Jhalawar region has an exotic flavor with its diverse range of flora and fauna, with which it is richly-blessed. Red poppy fields add to the vibrant color, while the saras crane breeding grounds spotlight the rich avian life dominating Jhalawar territory.Total area of the district is 6928 km2. Around 21% of this area is forest area. Total length of tarred roads is around 1400 Km., out of which 94 kms. come in National Highway range, and 202 kms are in state highway range.
District has 7 Sub-divisions, 8 Tehsils, 3 Sub-Tehsils, and 6 Blocks. Total revenue villages in the district are 1618.
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|• Elevation||268 m (879 ft)|
The city of Jhalawar was founded by Jhala Zalim Singh, who was the then Dewan of Kota State (1791 A.D.). He established this township, then known as Chaoni Umedpura, as a cantonment. The township was at the time surrounded by dense forests and wildlife.
Jhala Zalim Singh often came here for hunting and he liked the place so much that he wanted to develop it as a township. The objective to develop this place as a military cantonment was due to the fact that Maratha invaders passed through this central place from Malwa towards Kota to capture Hadoti states.
Jhala Zalim Singh recognized the importance of this place and started to develop it as a military cantonment and township, so that he could use this place to attack and stop Maratha invaders before they can reach to Kota State. Chaoni Umedpura got developed as a cantonment and township around 1803-04 A.D. Colonel Todd, who visited the region in December, 1821 described this area as the cantonment established by Jhala Zalim Singh plus a well-established township with large houses, havelis, and surrounding walls.
In 1838 A.D., English rulers separated Jhalawar state from Kota state and gave it to Jhala Madan Singh, the grandson of Jhala Zalim Singh. He developed his administration services to develop the state of Jhalawar. He resided in Jhalara Patan for a long time and started to build The Garh Palace (1840 – 1845 A.D). He was the first ruler of Jhalawar state and made a significant contribution in the history of Jhalawar. Jhala Madan Singh ruled Jhalawar from 1838 to 1845. After his death, Jhala Prithvi Singh became the ruler of Jhalawar, and ruled for around 30 years.Rana Bhawani Singh Ji, who ruled Jhalawar state from 1899 to 1929 A.D., did remarkable work in the development of Jhalawar state. His active involvement was in the fields of social activities, public works (construction), education and administration.
The chief town of Jhalawar, also known as Patan or Jhalara Patan was the centre of trade for the eponymous princely state, the chief exports of the which were opium, oil-seeds and cotton. The palace is four miles (6 km) north of the town. An extensive ruin near the town is the site of the ancient city of Chandrawati, said to have been destroyed in the reign of Aurangzeb. The finest feature of its remains is the temple of Sitaleswar Mahadeva (c. 600).
Climate of the area is identical to the Indo-Gangatic plain, in summer the temperature generally is around 40°C and at maximum can exceed 45°C. While in winter the coldest temperature can touch 1°C. Jhalawar district has the highest rainfall in the Rajasthan state. An average of 35 inches of rainfall keeps it cool, and gentle breezes ward off the stifling humidity.
Jhalawar is located 87 km far from Kota airport.
Jhalawar has a newly constructed railway station. Railway station is 2 k.m. far from jhalawar.
Jhalawar town lies on Highway No. 12. Many government buses goes all district and outside. And private buses also available for travel.