|सिरोही की प्रमुख तस्वीरे||सिरोही का प्रशासकीय संघठन||सिरोही का मानचित्र
|सिरोही के पर्यटन स्थल||सिरोही की सांख्यिकीय रूपरेखा||सिरोही के महत्वपूर्ण नम्बर
Sirohi is a city in southern Rajasthan state in western India. It is the administrative headquarters of Sirohi District and was formerly the capital of the princely state of the same name ruled by Deora Rajput. It has five Tehsils (Administrative Divisions): Abu Road, Sheoganj, Reodar, Pindwara, and Sirohi itself. It is also known as Devnagari, due to a chain of 14 Jain temples. The nearest railway station to Sirohi is Sirohi Road. The main station is Abu Road railway station. Otaram Rebari from Rabari community is the MLA of Sirohi.
Sirohi is located at 24.885°N 72.8625°E. It has an average elevation of 321 metres (1053 ft).In 1405, Rao Sobhaji founded the town of Shivpuri on the eastern slope of Siranwa Hill. Shivpuri today lies in ruins. In 1425, his son and successor, Sehastramal (or Sahastramal, Sehastramal), founded a fortress on the eastern slope of the same hill, which became his capital and grew into the present-day town of Sirohi.
As of 2012, Sirohi had a population of 851,107. The urban population is 150,890. Males constitute 53% of the population, and females constitute 47%. Sirohi has an average literacy rate of 66%, higher than the national average of 54.3%; male literacy is 70%, and female literacy is 37%. In Sirohi, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|• Elevation||321 m (1,053 ft)|
The Name Sirohi had been derived by "Siranwa" hills on the Western Slope of which it stands. Colonel Tod in his book "Travels in Western India" has suggested that the names of the territory might have derived from its position at the head (Sir) of the desert (Rohi), Sirohi also named as "Sword" and this had led some people to believe that this State of brave Deora Chauhans received it present name due to its wide spread fame of its Swords.
In 1405, Rao Sobha Ji (Sixth in descent from Rao Deoraj, the Progenitor of the Deora Clan of Chauhans ) founded a town Shivpuri on eastern slope of Siranwa hill which is called KHUBA. Relics of the old city is found there and a pivious place of Virji is still a place of worship.fort of Sirohi.Sehastramal, the son of Rao Sobha ji founded the present city SIROHI on western slope and laid foundation stone of the Sirohi fort on second day of Vaisakh in the year 1482 (V.S.) i.e. 1425 (A.D.) on the top the present town of Sirohi and made it his Capital which lies on the Western Slope of the Siranwa hills, later all the area under Deoras came to be known as Sirohi. In puranic tradition this area has always been referred to as "Arbudh Pradesh". It was also sometimes known as Arbudanchal. i.e. Arbud + Anchal.
After Independence an agreement was signed between Central Government and minor ruler of Sirohi State, with this the State Administration of the Sirohi State was taken over by Bombay Government from 5th January 1949 to 25th January 1950. The first administrator representing a bombay state was Prema Bhai Patel. After final merger with Rajasthan in 1950, an area of 787 Sq. Km. consisting of Aburoad and Delwara tehsils of Sirohi district was renamed with the Bombay State on 01, Nov. 1956, after the recommendation of the State organisation Commission, which forms the present position of the district.
Sirohi District is broken up by hills and rocky ranges. The granite massif of Mount Abu divides the district into two portions, running from north-east to south-west. The south and south-east part of the district, which lies between Mount Abu and the main spine of the Aravallis, is mountainous and rugged, and is drained by the West Banas River. Abu Road, a station on the main Delhi-Ahmedabad rail line, lies in the valley of the West Banas. Dry deciduous forest is common in this part of the district, and the higher elevations of Mount Abu are covered in conifer forests. Abu Road is the biggest city and the main financial hub of Sirohi District. Sirohi district has least number of villages in Rajasthan.
The portion of the district west and north of Mount Abu is drier, lying in the rain shadow of the mountain, which blocks the southwest monsoon. The southwest corner of the district is drained by the Sukri river, an intermittent stream that drains the western slope of Mount Abu. The northwestern portion of the district is drained by tributaries of the Luni River. The Northwestern thorn scrub forests cover the western and northern portion of the district. Warada is the last village of Sirohi located on Sirohi-Siyana Road.
The climate of Sirohi varies to an great extent. During the summer tempreture reaches upto 42°C while in winter it goes down to 0 °C. In the winter season the tempreture maximum upto 20°C.
Sirohi is well connected by road and railways. many trains are there from Sirohi town, Abu railway station, which connects sirohi with rest of Rajasthan and India as well. Regular government and private buses are available to other major cities. The airport at Udaipur is the nearest o the district, almost 110 km. This airport is served by a good number of flights from Jaipur and other cities.